Custom Search

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The New Gillette Fusion Pro Glide

The best a man can get?Image by rutty via Flickr
            Sitting on my couch watching the ever-so-clear Dish Network,(mentioned  in a earlier blog), a commercial came across the screen with a guy in a towel standing at a mirror.  Whoa!, ladies, he had on shaving cream and was being yelled at by a famous wrestler.  I was oddly interested in the product due to the fact that I just had to know what the next big thing in shaving would be.  Introducing the Gillette Fusion Pro Glide!!  A smooth new innovative razor that promises to glide across the face as hair is being cut.  Hence the name Pro Glide.  The guy in the commercial explains that the new razor has thinner blades then previous Fusion blades.  I as every other guy out there that uses blades, began to question the validity of this claim that it will not nick our facial hair while shaving.  Please let this work!  Going to work with pieces of toilet paper on my face is rather embarrassing.

           So off to the store I go.  I mean my face was more excited then I was.  You would have thought my face had a job and made money and just took me a long for the ride.  As I turned down the aisle, I anticipated a famous wrestler to yell at me and force me to buy this marvel of shaving men everywhere.  Instead I just saw the razor wrapped in so much security , you would have thought it was made of pure gold.
I received the razor from a store employee who had to unlock it from the jaws of shoplifter proof locks.  As it graced my hands and fingers, I could feel the power of a close shave coarse through my fingers.  I could not wait to return home and take the PRO GLIDE CHALLENGE!!!

                My first shave was a very uneventful one.  I thought the hair on my face would hide from the super sharp and thin blades.  Instead my face gave this razor one heck of a challenge.  It felt as though i was using any other Gillette Fusion razor. Not too much of a difference.  I wasn't totally distraught by my experience though.  I did look rather sharp once the shaving had ended.  I think my anticipation of the results from this razor was quite much.  I will be not using it regularly, and do not plan on paying the expensive refill price.  I find myself shaving now still waiting for that famous wrestler to come in and yell.  I guess not huh? Oh well.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment