Custom Search

Friday, August 6, 2010

Capital One Saves the Day!!

Girl in display caseImage by thivierr via Flickr
Standing at the counter , clenching my pocket hoping the total of my items does not exceed the value of my bank account. The cashier smiles at me with a look of excitement because she knows that she is going to get an interesting reaction out of me. As the total comes across the display I grin like a child who just heard the ice cream truck. I then decide to pull out my Capital One Credit Card. The look on the cashier's face was priceless. I figure the chance of a break room story of the guy who had no money has just diminished from her mind.  I pulled out that gleaming plastic that adorns a custom image on it and swiped it through the card machine.  The word "approved" followed as it always does and I was satisfied once again.

         Now you may be asking yourself, "What is so special about the credit card?".  Well I'm going to tell you. It is a card that pays you back a percentage of what you spend.  It is a card that stops barbarians from from attacking you while asking, " What's in your wallet?!?".  Its the Capital One "No Hassle" Credit Card.  I must say that it is a pretty interesting concept.  I mean I find myself using my card to to see what reward I receive in return.  It may be $.01 or $1.00.  The anticipation is like waiting on my payroll check on Wednesdays!  Now I have to be honest and mention to you that interest rate is......are you ready for this?.....0.0%.   I know I didn't believe it at first when I saw it either!  We all know that the interest rate is based off your credit, so it does vary person to person. 

          So now when I go in to a store and reach for my bank card, I pause and ponder.........Hmm Is there money in my bank account?  I am sure there is, but the bank will not pay me to use my card.  Capital One will!!  Kudos to you Capital One, for making dreams come true.

Interesting read on credit cards
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment